San Mateo County has notified us that we will not be receiving vaccine this week or next week, and the outlook after next week is not very promising, either. Other small offices are experiencing the same issue. Therefore we do not anticipate we will be able to vaccinate our patients or families ourselves, as we would have preferred.
However, the good news is that vaccine supply is available for those 16 and up. It does require some vigilance and flexibility to secure appointments.
Here are some resources where our patients have successfully secured vaccine appointments:
We are able to provide coronavirus testing through our office, using a mid-nasal swab PCR sent to Stanford Lab, for those with urgent needs. We expect this generally includes patients and household members who have symptoms or known exposures.
We are still requesting that routine, scheduled screening tests (e.g. those for school and travel) be done through outside companies whenever possible, using an approved PCR test. Please see our recommended resources below, and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or would like more guidance about these different options.
Covid-19 Testing Resources
At Home testing:
- Evera - in home Covid testing (any age) - open weekends
- Bay Area Phlebotomy & Laboratory Services - in home Covid testing (any age) - same day testing available if scheduled before 11AM
Self-Administered mail-in testing:
- Labcorp Pixel - anterior nasal swab (ages 18+)
- Let’s Get Checked - anterior nasal swab (ages 18+)
- Vault - saliva (ages 4+)
- QuestDirect - -anterior nasal swab (ages 18+)
Local Testing Centers:
- Stanford - nasal swab (age 6 mo. and up depending on location) - some locations open weekends
- IGeneX - Milpitas - has same day results option (any age)
- Walgreens - self-collected nasal swab (ages 3+) - Cupertino - open weekends
- Free testing through San Mateo County (ages 1+): We recommend the shallow nasal swab through LHI, as there is currently an FDA advisory about Curative oral swab tests having false negative results.
Mobile Blood Draw Resources
Bay Area Phlebotomy & Laboratory - 415-300-4436
All Access Health Care - 888-341-9098
Evera - open weekends - 415-964-2676